Once the frame is back from the powder coaters, Russell’s bicycle shed will reassemble it, and give your bike a full service, including replacement of all of the cables. The Bicycle Shed will fit any customised parts you require (including Brommiemods mudguards and chainguards if you wish – remember to tell us when you order so we can powdercoat these at the same time) and return your Brommie to you as good as it was when it left the factory, and gleaming with a new paint job.
If any other parts need replacing due to wear and tear, we’ll inform you of this at the time, and seek your permission before replacing them. You’ll get photos at every step of the way, and can add aftermarket parts such as titanium seat posts or carbon handlebars (or anything else) by supplying these with your bike when you send it to us.
At present this service is limited to the mainland UK, and takes approximately 3 weeks from drop-off to collection. You will be provided with photographs of your bike at all stages of the process, so that you can show these to your pals or any new owner if you ever sell the bike.
If you would like to discuss customisation options, or multiple colours being applied to your Brompton frame parts please contact us prior to ordering (anything is possible!).
We can powder coat the following parts of your Brompton. Drop us an email for further information. There is no additional charge for coating these items, unless marked as disassembly required:
- The mudguard stays.
- The mudguard rear roller wheel cage.
- The handlebars.
- Our Brommiemods mudguards and chainguards (obviously!).
- Hinge clamps.
- Rear rack.
- The chainring (and if spider, the carrier and/or the cog too). The colouring on the gear teeth will wear, but these are mostly hidden behind the guard.
- The mudguard retaining plates (the staps).
- Any bits of frame.
- The brake callipers (a small charge would be added to cover disassembly).
- The brake block carriers.
- The front or rear alloy light fittings (the bits of bent metal).
- The handlebar brake levers.
- The wheel spokes (a small charge would be added to cover disassembly).
- The crank arms.
- The pedals (a small charge would be added to cover disassembly).
- The front spindle.
- The rear hub case (a small charge would be added to cover disassembly).
Coating in a single RAL colour is included in the price. Additional colours cost £24 for each different powder used.